Website RDA Logan and Redlands
Marketing and communications officer:
The role is responsible for the delivery of internal and external communications. The occupant will be required to participate in the implementation of a communication strategy and will then take carriage of the delivery of this strategy.
A key element of delivery is working with key local stakeholders, Board Members and the Commonwealth to secure buy-in to the broader marketing and development direction of the RDA’s strategic plan.
The position is 15 hours per week, with hours to be distributed over a 5-day work week. This role will require a degree of flexibility relating to how hours are allocated. This role will be offered on an initial 6 month contract, with the possibility of extending. The position is remote (with assistance in set up and an ergonomic assessment for the successful candidate), with team meetings in the Springwood office on Tuesdays.
Functions of the position:
· Develop and maintain the RDA brand including writing and distributing content;
· Actively participate in and develop strategy and communication plans for the region which meet the requirements of the RDA’s funding agreement with the Commonwealth;
· Actively participate in and develop communication plans for events organised by or in which the RDA participates;
· Manage the content and currency of the RDA’s website, Facebook and LinkedIn platforms;
· Manage the currency of the RDA’s communications related data bases including the CRM;
· Manage the production of by product and related information for communication activities;
· Maintain gathering of information on grants available to the region and market their availability;
· Provide a quality control on reports, media statements etc emanating from the RDA with particular attention on compliance with the Commonwealth’s Better Practice Guide;
· Manage mutually beneficial relationships with relevant media;
· Manage, track and report on communication activities both internally and externally;
· Use market research as the base from which to guide all strategies;
· Actively participate in delivery of cross organisational activities and priorities; and
· Other duties and tasks as directed.
Key Performance Indicators
· Increased RDA awareness;
· Increased media value for the region;
· Build and maintain effective relationships with key partners/stakeholders; and
· Meet reporting deadlines.
Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
Good time management and organizational skills.
Design sensibility and creative inclination.
Strong social media skills.
Experience or qualifications in marketing desirable but not essential.
Knowledge of desktop publishing software, including but not limited to:
· Joomla or similar (e.g. WordPress)
· Adobe & Canva
Supervisor: This role reports to the Director of Regional Development through the Administrative Officer
You must sign in to apply for this position.