Website Redland City Council
Naturally wonderful Redlands Coast
Permanent Full Time – 36.25 hours per week
$73,086.10 to $91,736.94 Annually + up to 12% super
RCC Officers’ Level 3.1 to 5.3 Graduate Scale
A special place
At Redland City Council (RCC), you can help improve lives, while shaping your career in a truly special place. Situated on the stunning Redlands Coast, our team is creating an enriched, sustainable future for Redland City.
Here, every role matters … Together, we’re focused on serving our community. Join us so together we can improve the Redlands for today and tomorrow.
Are you a passionate Landscape Architect who enjoys working as part of a team to achieve shared goals? Do you enjoy applying and keeping up with the latest and emerging industry trends?
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Landscape Architect to facilitate high quality planning, built environment and urban environmental outcomes through the provision of competent, professional advice and reporting on development proposals. You will provide technical expertise to the Landscaping Assessment Team to ensure sustainable outcomes for land-use and development within the urban landscape.
Guided by our Values, you will also:
- Conduct on-site inspections for site analysis, verify progress and compliance and negotiate and supply expert professional advice on complex issues;
- Research and keep abreast of contemporary and emerging trends in landscape architecture relevant to the local government environment; and
- Contribute to team objectives and multi-disciplinary team development by maintaining professional credentials, supporting team members, and continually improving team-based work processes to achieve cost effective outcomes and superior client service.
For full details, take a look at the Position Description.
What you’ll bring
First and foremost, you’ll need to live and breathe our Values, as they are fundamental to the way we go about our work and the relationships we build.
We would love to hear from you or someone you know who has:
- Well developed knowledge and achievement in contemporary urban landscape design and construction;
- Developed research, analytical and design development skills including the exercise of professional judgement in interpreting planning schemes, policies, codes and relevant standards; and
- Developed verbal communication and interpersonal skills to effectively work and participate in a team-based environment.
Why join us
We asked our people why they choose to work at Redland City Council. They say it’s about two things: feeling connected to the Redlands Coast as a truly special place and the incredible career and development opportunities at Council.
Here, you can:
- Improve lives, for today and tomorrow. You will make an impact in our organisation through providing high quality planning, built environment and urban landscaping advice.
- Achieve, for the community and your career. We’ll support you every step of the way and you will have a huge impact on the work we do.
- Experience variety, and grow as a result. Upskill, try new roles and broaden your horizons. Council is an amazing place to grow and diversify professionally.
- Find the right balance to bring the best you. We offer attractive benefits, ongoing support and flexible working arrangements.
Here are some more reasons for loving working with us:
- Generous leave provisions such as paid parental leave and purchased leave scheme including 17.5% loading on annual leave!
- Ex-gratia day offered during the Christmas/New Year break
- Access to professional and leadership development programs and education/study assistance
- Mentoring and coaching opportunities to increase your industry knowledge and business acumen
- Diverse secondment opportunities for career development
- Reward and recognition programs
- Wellbeing programs and social club
- Access to discounts with over 400 leading retailers
Visit our careers page to learn more and read the stories of our incredible people.
- You’ll hold Current Open Class ‘C’ Driver’s Licence
- You’ll have relevant tertiary qualifications and experience or equivalent being;
- Bachelor degree in Landscape Architecture, or lesser formal qualifications as well as significant experience in Landscape Design, or equivalent qualifications acceptable to the Australian Institute of Landscape Architects, Australia for corporate membership.
- Successful applicants will be asked to consent to a police check. Please note that people with criminal records are not automatically barred from applying for this position. Each application will be considered on its merits.
- To be eligible for employment, applicants must have the legal right to work in Australia.
Ready to join us
Applications will only be accepted through Council’s Web Recruitment system or through OURspace for current Council employees. Hard copy and e-mailed applications will not be accepted.
To be considered, applicants must submit a:
- Cover letter (one page); and
- Current resume that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role. Please read the Position Description and resume-based application instructions before applying for this role.
RCC utilises a merit-based recruitment process which may include various testing methods, such as psychometric testing and requesting the submission of a short video application from candidates after the advertisement closes.
Specific information on the position (200015) can be obtained by contacting Tessa Horgan on (07) 3829 8745. Applications for this position close at 11:59 p.m. Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) on 18/09/2023.
At Redland City Council, we truly value the diverse skills, experiences and perspectives of our people. We’re focused on making Council an inclusive place, where everyone belongs and brings in new skills, diverse experiences and backgrounds that enable us to serve our community better.
Applications will not be accepted from a third party.