Website Redland City Council
Naturally wonderful Redlands Coast
Casual – $43.92 to $47.17 Hourly + 10.5% super
RCC Officers’ Level 2
A special place
At Redland City Council, you can help improve lives, while shaping your career in a truly special place. Situated on the stunning Redlands Coast, our team is creating an enriched, sustainable future for Redland City.
Here, every role matters … Together, we’re focused on serving our community. Join us so together we can improve the Redlands for today and tomorrow.
We are seeking a casual Gallery Support Officer to provide specialist arts handling and administrative support to the Art Gallery team. You will contribute to exhibition installations, public programming and events. The role forms part of a team who are passionate about the arts and providing an outstanding customer experience.
For full details, take a look at the Position Description.
What you’ll bring
First and foremost, you’ll need to live and breathe our Values, as they are fundamental to the way we go about our work and the relationships we build. We would love to hear from you or someone you know who has a passion for the visual arts, along with specialist knowledge in assisting with exhibitions and events, and handling and condition reporting art work. You will have experience with art administration including word processing, spreadsheets and accurate data entry and will enjoy working in a fast paced environment supporting and encouraging team members to achieve objectives and client satisfaction. The ideal candidate will have ability and physical fitness to perform a range of strenuous physical tasks.
Why join us
We asked our people why they choose to work at Redland City Council. They say it’s about two things: feeling connected to the Redlands Coast as a truly special place and the incredible career and development opportunities at Council.
Here, you can:
- Improve lives, for today and tomorrow. You will make an impact in our organisation through specialist arts handling and administrative support to the Art Gallery team.
- Achieve, for the community and your career. We’ll support you every step of the way and you will have a huge impact on the work we do.
- Experience variety, and grow as a result. Upskill, try new roles and broaden your horizons. Council is an amazing place to grow and diversify professionally.
- Find the right balance to bring the best you. We offer attractive benefits, ongoing support and flexible working arrangements.
Here are some more reasons for loving working with us:
- Generous leave provisions such as paid parental leave and purchased leave scheme including 17.5% loading on annual leave!
- Ex-gratia day offered during the Christmas/New Year break
- Access to professional and leadership development programs and education/study assistance
- Mentoring and coaching opportunities to increase your industry knowledge and business acumen
- Diverse secondment opportunities for career development
- Reward and recognition programs
- Wellbeing programs and social club
- Access to discounts with over 400 leading retailers
Visit our careers page to learn more and read the stories of our incredible people.
- You’ll hold a current C Class Driver’s Licence
- You’ll have a current Blue Card Child Care (or are you willing to rapidly acquire one should you be offered the position
- To be eligible for employment, applicants must have the legal right to work in Australia.
Ready to join us
Applications will only be accepted through Council’s Web Recruitment system or through OURspace for current Council employees. Hard copy and e-mailed applications will not be accepted.
To be considered, applicants must submit a:
- Cover letter (one page); and
- Current resume that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role. Please read the Position Description and resume-based application instructions before applying for this role.
RCC utilises a merit-based recruitment process which may include various testing methods, such as psychometric testing and requesting the submission of a short video application from candidates after the advertisement closes.
Specific information on the position (200319) can be obtained by contacting Kylie Spear on (07) 3829 8153. Applications for this position close at 11:59 p.m. Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) on 12/06/2023 .
At Redland City Council, we truly value the diverse skills, experiences and perspectives of our people. We’re focused on making Council an inclusive place, where everyone belongs and brings in new skills, diverse experiences and backgrounds that enable us to serve our community better.
Applications will not be accepted from a third party.
To apply for this job please visit career10.successfactors.com.