Website Redland City Council
Naturally wonderful Redlands Coast
Permanent Full Time – 36.25 hours per week
$80,253.63 to $85,988.39 Annually + up to 12% super
RCC Officers’ Level 4
A special place
At Redland City Council, you can help improve lives, while shaping your career in a truly special place. Situated on the stunning Redlands Coast, our team is creating an enriched, sustainable future for Redland City.
Here, every role matters … Together, we’re focused on serving our community. Join us so together we can improve the Redlands for today and tomorrow.
We have a fantastic opportunity for someone who loves to work outdoors and is passionate about making a difference in our community!
Our Compliance Response Team are looking for a new Compliance Response Officer! This role is responsible for ensuring compliance with Council’s Local Laws, State and other legislation while also providing excellent customer service to the community. A typical day in this role may include patrolling, researching, investigating, educating, gathering evidence and taking appropriate action to obtain compliance, relating to sensitive enforcement, covering property and animal related issues. A high level of interpersonal skills is required, as well as attention to detail.
For full details, take a look at the Position Description.
What you’ll bring
First and foremost, you’ll need to live and breathe our Values, as they are fundamental to the way we go about our work and the relationships we build.
We would love to hear from you or someone you know who:
- has excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills;
- has a well developed knowledge and ability to interpret and apply Council Local Laws and State Legislation;
- has demonstrated time management and ability to work autonomously; and
- has developed knowledge of animal husbandry and animal management operations.
Why join us
We asked our people why they choose to work at Redland City Council. They say it’s about two things: feeling connected to the Redlands Coast as a truly special place and the incredible career and development opportunities at Council.
Here, you can:
- Improve lives, for today and tomorrow. You will make an impact in our organisation through provision of high level customer service while ensuring compliance with Council Local Laws and other State Legislation.
- Achieve, for the community and your career. We’ll support you every step of the way and you will have a huge impact on the work we do.
- Experience variety, and grow as a result. Upskill, try new roles and broaden your horizons. Council is an amazing place to grow and diversify professionally.
- Find the right balance to bring the best you. We offer attractive benefits, ongoing support and flexible working arrangements.
Here are some more reasons for loving working with us:
- Generous leave provisions such as paid parental leave and purchased leave scheme including 17.5% loading on annual leave!
- Ex-gratia day offered during the Christmas/New Year break
- Access to professional and leadership development programs and education/study assistance
- Mentoring and coaching opportunities to increase your industry knowledge and business acumen
- Diverse secondment opportunities for career development
- Reward and recognition programs
- Wellbeing programs and social club
- Access to discounts with over 400 leading retailers
Visit our careers page to learn more and read the stories of our incredible people.
- You’ll hold a current Class C manual driver’s licence
- You are willing to be vaccinated or already are vaccinated against Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Tetanus and Q-Fever
- You’ll work flexible hours as required by operational needs, which will include weekends (penalty rates apply) on a rotational basis, or as required
- Successful applicants will be asked to consent to a police check. Please note that people with criminal records are not automatically barred from applying for this position. Each application will be considered on its merits.
- To be eligible for employment, applicants must have the legal right to work in Australia.
Ready to join us
Applications will only be accepted through Council’s Web Recruitment system or through OURspace for current Council employees. Hard copy and e-mailed applications will not be accepted.
To be considered, applicants must submit a:
- Cover letter (one page); and
- Current resume that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role. Please read the Position Description and resume-based application instructions before applying for this role.
RCC utilises a merit-based recruitment process which may include various testing methods, such as psychometric testing and requesting the submission of a short video application from candidates after the advertisement closes.
Specific information on the position (200169) can be obtained by contacting Matthew Tocknell on (07) 3843 8033. Applications for this position close at 11:59 p.m. Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) on 28/05/2023 .
At Redland City Council, we truly value the diverse skills, experiences and perspectives of our people. We’re focused on making Council an inclusive place, where everyone belongs and brings in new skills, diverse experiences and backgrounds that enable us to serve our community better.
Applications will not be accepted from a third party.