Website Redland City Council
Naturally wonderful Redlands Coast
Permanent Full Time – 36.25 hours per week
$100,473.11 to $106,604.04 Annually + up to 12% super
RCC Officers’ Level 7
A special place
At Redland City Council, you can help improve lives, while shaping your career in a truly special place. Situated on the stunning Redlands Coast, our team is creating an enriched, sustainable future for Redland City.
Here, every role matters … Together, we’re focused on serving our community. Join us so together we can improve the Redlands for today and tomorrow.
An exciting opportunity to join our team as a Senior Adviser Strategy and Transformation. We are looking for a strategic thinker who can effectively manage projects and provide expert, quality and timely advice to a variety of stakeholders across the organisation. This role forms part of a high performing team who are passionate about delivering real value to our organisation and community through effective strategic planning, business transformation, and business improvement.
In this role you will:
- build strong working relationships to develop a deep understanding of Council’s corporate and business objectives;
- deliver contemporary solutions that support achievement of Council’s Corporate Plan and Business Transformation Strategy;
- lead the development and delivery of Council’s business transformation and improvement program; and
- provide high level strategic advice to support decision-making processes and ensure consistency and integration of strategies, policies, operational, financial and long-term plans.
What you’ll bring
First and foremost, you’ll need to live and breathe our Values, as they are fundamental to the way we go about our work and the relationships we build.
We would love to hear from you or someone you know who:
- has previous experience in strategic planning, business improvement, change management and business transformation;
- is a natural leader with substantial experience leading strategy development, business improvement, negotiation and building strong relationships with stakeholders;
- can work collaboratively to discover and improve business practices; and
has excellent writing and documentation skills.
Why join us
We asked our people why they choose to work at Redland City Council. They say it’s about two things: feeling connected to the Redlands Coast as a truly special place and the incredible career and development opportunities at Council.
Here, you can:
- Improve lives, for today and tomorrow. You will make an impact in our organisation through design, delivery and continuous improvement of the Strategy and Transformation Program throughout Redland City Council.
- Achieve, for the community and your career. We’ll support you every step of the way and you will have a huge impact on the work we do.
- Experience variety, and grow as a result. Upskill, try new roles and broaden your horizons. Council is an amazing place to grow and diversify professionally.
- Find the right balance to bring the best you. We offer attractive benefits, ongoing support and flexible working arrangements.
Here are some more reasons for loving working with us:
- Generous leave provisions such as paid parental leave and purchased leave scheme including 17.5% loading on annual leave!
- Ex-gratia day offered during the Christmas/New Year break
- Access to professional and leadership development programs and education/study assistance
- Mentoring and coaching opportunities to increase your industry knowledge and business acumen
- Diverse secondment opportunities for career development
- Reward and recognition programs
- Wellbeing programs and social club
- Access to discounts with over 400 leading retailers
Visit our careers page to learn more and read the stories of our incredible people.
- To be eligible for employment, applicants must have the legal right to work in Australia.
Ready to join us
Applications will only be accepted through Council’s Web Recruitment system or through OURspace for current Council employees. Hard copy and e-mailed applications will not be accepted.
To be considered, applicants must submit a:
1. Cover letter (one page); and
2. Current resume that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role. Please read the Position Description and resume-based application instructions before applying for this role.
RCC utilises a merit-based recruitment process which may include various testing methods, such as psychometric testing and requesting the submission of a short video application from candidates after the advertisement closes.
Specific information on the position (200510) can be obtained by contacting Crystal Byth on (07) 3829 8321. Applications for this position close at 11:59 p.m. Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) on 05/03/2023.
At Redland City Council, we truly value the diverse skills, experiences and perspectives of our people. We’re focused on making Council an inclusive place, where everyone belongs and brings in new skills, diverse experiences and backgrounds that enable us to serve our community better.
Applications will not be accepted from a third party.