Website Redland City Council
Naturally wonderful Redlands Coast
Permanent Full Time – 38 hours per week
$64,193.62 to $64,960.92 Annually + up to 12% super
RCC Employee’s Level 4 and Level 5 including applicable allowance
A special place
At Redland City Council, you can help improve lives, while shaping your career in a truly special place. Situated on the stunning Redlands Coast, our team is creating an enriched, sustainable future for Redland City.
Here, every role matters … Together, we’re focused on serving our community. Join us so together we can improve the Redlands for today and tomorrow.
Would you like the opportunity to join a fantastic team who maintain the beautiful parks, conservation, roads and streetscapes on our stunning North Stradbroke Island?
Redland City Council (RCC) has an exciting opportunity for a Field Officer to join our Parks and Conservation Unit. Based on Stradbroke Island, you will undertake highly skilled and complex operational maintenance services throughout Council’s parks, conservation, roadside and streetscape areas in an efficient, effective and timely manner.
We would love to hear from candidates who hold a qualification in Horticulture, Arboriculture, Turf Management, Landscape Construction or Conservation and Land Management, Fire Management, however for those who are eager to develop their outdoor maintenance skills, Council is excited to provide the opportunity for the successful candidate to complete a Certificate III in Horticulture!
If you would like the opportunity to work in this beautiful location, develop your career and provide excellent service to the Redlands community we want to hear from you!
This role is based on North Stradbroke Island and is a fantastic opportunity for North Stradbroke Island residents to secure permanent full time employment on the Island. The successful candidate will be required to travel to and from the Dunwich Depot in their own time.
For full details, take a look at the Position Description.
What you’ll bring
First and foremost, you’ll need to live and breathe our Values, as they are fundamental to the way we go about our work and the relationships we build.
We would love to hear from you or someone you know who:
- has previous experience in similar positions and keen to develop their career further;
is energetic, fit and ready to perform strenuous labouring tasks;
- can ensure safety of themselves and those around them with knowledge of appropriate health and safety policies and procedures; and
- loves working in a supportive team environment and providing a positive customer experience!
Why join us
We asked our people why they choose to work at Redland City Council. They say it’s about two things: feeling connected to the Redlands Coast as a truly special place and the incredible career and development opportunities at Council.
Here, you can:
- Improve lives, for today and tomorrow. You will make an impact in our organisation through maintaining our beautiful North Stradbroke Island and some of its most stunning natural assets!
- Achieve, for the community and your career. We’ll support you every step of the way and you will have a huge impact on the work we do.
- Experience variety, and grow as a result. Upskill, try new roles and broaden your horizons. Council is an amazing place to grow and diversify professionally.
- Find the right balance to bring the best you. We offer attractive benefits, ongoing support and flexible working arrangements.
Here are some more reasons for loving working with us:
- Generous leave provisions such as paid parental leave and purchased leave scheme including 17.5% loading on annual leave!
- Ex-gratia day offered during the Christmas/New Year break
- Access to professional and leadership development programs and education/study assistance
- Mentoring and coaching opportunities to increase your industry knowledge and business acumen
- Diverse secondment opportunities for career development
- Reward and recognition programs
- Wellbeing programs and social club
- Access to discounts with over 400 leading retailers
Visit our careers page to learn more and read the stories of our incredible people.
- You’ll hold a current Class C Drivers Licence – with the ability to obtain minimum LR
- To be eligible for employment, applicants must have the legal right to work in Australia.
- TAFE Certificate III in Horticulture or equivalent
- TAFE Certificate III in Arboriculture
- Landscape Construction including a playground Inspector – Level 2 Certificate
- Conservation and Land Management, Fire Management or equivalent
- TAFE Certificate III in Sports Turf Management or equivalent
- LR Class Licence or above
Ready to join us
Applications will only be accepted through Council’s Web Recruitment system or through OURspace for current Council employees. Hard copy and e-mailed applications will not be accepted.
To be considered, applicants must submit a:
- Cover letter (one page); and
- Current resume that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role. Please read the Position Description and resume-based application instructions before applying for this role.
RCC utilises a merit-based recruitment process which may include various testing methods, such as psychometric testing and requesting the submission of a short video application from candidates after the advertisement closes.
Specific information on the position (200767) can be obtained by contacting Angela Ritchie on (07) 3843 8022. Applications for this position close at 11:59 p.m. Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) on 18/09/2023.
At Redland City Council, we truly value the diverse skills, experiences and perspectives of our people. We’re focused on making Council an inclusive place, where everyone belongs and brings in new skills, diverse experiences and backgrounds that enable us to serve our community better.
Applications will not be accepted from a third party.