Website Redland Museum
The Redland Museum is a dynamic, inclusive, social history museum that reflects the stories of our community and is an engaging space for discovery for all ages! The museum is owned by its members, partially supported by the Redland City Council and we raise the rest of our funds from our numerous events and activities throughout the year. The museum celebrated its 50th year in operation last year and has over 16,000 objects and their stories housed in our 2,700m2 premises! Our dedicated volunteers come to our museum to do something fun, meet their friends and do something useful for the community -which we think is pretty cool. Our volunteer’s knowledge, dedication and skills have got the museum to this point, however, for the next step – we are going to need strong professional management as we focus on outstanding visitor experiences. This is where you (our new Operations Manager) come in!
We are looking for an Operations Manager to lead and oversee all operations of the museum and to ensure that we are recognised as the place to visit in Redland City. In this newly created role, you will create and sustain a culture of innovation, excitement and discovery whilst having complete oversite of the staff and volunteers, ensuring that the team works together to achieve complete alignment with our strategic direction and goals. You will ensure and drive continued operational and financial success for our museum, source funding opportunities and develop policies and procedures to support our quest to provide excellent visitor experiences.
Our Ideal Candidate:
To be successful in the role, you will possess the following skills, background and experience:
- A solid background (3+ years) in a Operations Manger / management role in a commercial or not-for-profit organisation.
- Strong experience and knowledge of financial, human resources and governance matters.
- Outstanding organisational abilities including time management and problem solving.
- Demonstrated record of effective management particularly working with volunteers and teams.
- Excellent leadership, communication and public speaking skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including collaborative working relationships, goal setting and mentoring.
- Be self driven and motivated to learn and grow with the museum.
- A good understanding of change management.
- Knowledge and understanding of museum industry practices would be highly regarded.
What’s in it for you:
You will be joining a small, passionate and supportive team and enjoy a fun, flexible work environment with plenty to discover! With some opportunity to work from home, you will be also be working with our volunteers who have been happily devoting many hours of their time to help our museum grow and prosper! This is a great opportunity to make your mark in a well established and highly respected community organisation – and to really make this role your own! Salary packaging opportunities are also available to our successful candidate.