Website Redlands Rugby League Club
Community Sporting Club
Redlands Rugby League Club is a non profit sporting organisation looking for a well organised person with a friendly, welcoming manner and previous fast food experience [ grill plate and fryers experience ] to run the canteen. We are looking for a motivated, reliable person who is able to ensure the canteen is open for junior games (Sunday and/or Friday nights) and Senior home games (Saturday) and some week nights (to be decided) Meals during the football season (February – September) and for other events and functions nominated by the Club.
Responsibilities: The Canteen Convenor is responsible for the proper management of the club’s canteen on match days and at other events and functions nominated by the Club.
• Establish canteen operating hours and organising and supervise volunteers in canteen duties
• Order all food and drink items considered necessary to stock the canteen
• Arrange pick-up/delivery of all items
• Ensure the canteen is regularly restocked throughout the season
• Obtain and account for any floats that are required from the Treasurer
• Maintain appropriate records as required by the Treasurer and President.
• Ensure that the canteen and its contents are secure at all times
• Keep the Directors/committee informed of all relevant matters
• Supply a report at each monthly meeting
* Be able to work to a budget
• Must be available on game days to run the canteen
• Ensure the canteen is kept in a hygienic manner, following safe food handling practices.
• At the end of each day’s trading, in conjunction with the Treasurer or President count and balance takings.
* Must have previously worked in a similarly busy takeaway/Canteen with short order cook experience.
* Must be able to work under pressure and multi task
* Must have certificates in Food Safety procedures and Follow Workplace Hygiene Procedures.
* Must have a Blue Card working with children.
This positions requires an average of 10/25 hours per week, mostly on Friday nights, Saturdays and Sundays.
Send your resume detailing your experience to the Secretary.
email…. [email protected]
Should your application be successful in progressing to the next stage of our selection process, we will call you to arrange an interview.
A mandatory requirements of this role are:
A food safety supervisor certificate.
Your application will include the following questions:
Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
Do you hold a current Food Handlers certificate?
You must sign in to apply for this position.