Website Volunteering Redlands
We help community organisations find volunteers.
STAR is looking for Volunteer Drivers and Volunteer Owner Drivers to join our Transport Team to assist with the growing demand of affordable client transport services.
STAR Drivers assist in providing safe, convenient and affordable door-to-door transport services within our community – to our elderly, to our frail, and to people with a disability.
STAR Transport helps people to attend medical and social appointments, as well as transport for also every day tasks, such as shopping.
It is important to STAR that their drivers provide the highest possible level of safety and service to their clients at all times. Training will be provided to all drivers.
Volunteer Drivers use STAR’s Fleet vehicles and receive a reimbursement for out of pocket expenses – $15 for ½ day (4 hours) or $30 or a full day (between 7-8 hrs).
Volunteer Owner Drivers use their own vehicle, they are reimbursed the standard ATO rate of .78c per km (non-taxable). They are subject to the requirements listed:
-vehicles must be under 10 years of age and suitable for the loading and unloading of seniors and people with mobility issues e.g. some large 4WDs may not be appropriate.
– must have comprehensive and compulsory third party insurance applicable to the class of vehicle.
-vehicles must undergo services every 6 months (or as per vehicle warranty) and provide proof of same.
While providing transport services, all drivers must:
– have current First Aid and CPR certificates (STAR will assist with these)
– hold an open Driver’s license
– comply with all provisions of the Transport Operations (Road Use Management) Act 1995 of Queensland.
– have a 0.00% blood alcohol level while operating the vehicle.
– be able to use a smart tablet for navigation purposes (Google Maps)
– be willing to undergo training
– have a current flu vaccination
– undertake a National Police Check and NDIS Workers’ Screening Check (previously a Yellow Card).
STAR will assist successful applicants to obtain these at no cost to you
This is a Centrelink approved activity.
STAR offers flexible hours – you can volunteer for a few hours, a half day or a whole day.
Please note we aim to recruit volunteers who are able to make a commitment to the organisation. In return STAR will provide full training and support, flexibility and a friendly supportive environment.
You must sign in to apply for this position.